Keeping your kitchen knife sharp, will make cooking process easier and safer. Here are some tips how to care for your kitchen knife.
- Kitchen knives should be cleaned and dried right after each use with a soft cloth. Wash with soapy water.
- Do not wash kitchen knives in the dishwasher, otherwise they become dull. The force of the water jets in the dishwasher can damage the surface of the kitchen knife. Aggressive substances and salts contained in the dishwasher detergent can damage the metal part of the knife.
- Wipe the knife from the back of the cutting edge with a cloth.
- Kitchen knife cutting surface is very thin and delicate. When storing it is important that the knife’s blade does not touch other hard objects. Steel a blade if needed.
- Never use glass or granite boards. They damage the cutting edge. Use wooden and plastic boards.
Nutrition professionals recommend eating fresh fruits and vegetables especially in winter months. Garden cress is an important source of vitamins C, B1, B6, E and A as well as minerals iron, folic acid and calcium. Garden cress improves your digestion, sleeps disorder, stimulates appetite, helps to increase the hemoglobin level, and boosts your immune system.
Garden cress is a fast-growing plant and can be grown all the year around on a windowsill. Garden cress can be added to soups, sandwiches and salads.
How to grow Garden cress on the windowsill?
You will need:
- Garden cress seeds
- Moist paper towel or facial tissue
Sprinkle daily. Garden cress prefers moisture. In 6-8 days, the plant can be carefully cut with scissors. It makes an excellent addition to salads and sandwiches.
Tip: Children like gardening. Garden cress germinates very quickly. It can be a great growing project for young children.
How to get rid of fish smells from frying pans, if your frying pan has an unpleasant fish aroma? Boil vinegar / water mixture with a dash of salt in the pan.
Cut up some lemon slices and put some water in the frying pan. Boil for 10-15 minutes then rinse it out. Wash as usual.
You can reduce fish odors if you wash fresh fish with salty water or add some curry powder in the frying pan before cooking. Cook with spices, for example, oregano reduces fish odors.
Use a separate frying pan for fish.
Eating bread crust gives you more times health benefits than consuming the other components of the bread.
“Eating bread crust is really good for you” always knew our grandmother. Bread crust is a rich source of antioxidants that protect cells from damage. These antioxidants can be formed at a temperature at about 180 ° C during baking. Antioxidants are substances that prevent cell aging. Antioxidants, contained in a bread crust, have the ability to prevent dangerous diseases.
Do not cut off the bread crust!
Green leafy vegetables such as lettuce, spinach, kale and broccoli are rich with antioxidants. They protect your skin against damage caused by air pollution, smoke, and heal UV rays, help to avoid wrinkles and to heal acne scars.
Green leafy vegetables are rich with iron. Iron is a mineral essential for life. It is important to many body system functions.
Green leafy vegetables also contain vitamin C. Cabbage is an excellent source of vitamin C, which protects us from infections and increases iron absorption.
Green leafy vegetables improve eyesight. This effect is associated with a high content of lutein and zeaxanthin, which is rich in green leafy vegetables, especially in cabbage leaf.
A healthy, balanced diet is the base for a happy life. Eat a healthy well balanced diet!
After air drying on a sunny or frosty day, laundry gets the sweet fresh smell. Clothing, fabrics and linen are easier to iron when they are dried outside. Otherwise, direct sunlight can fade bright clothing and bleach colored one.
- Turn colored and white laundry inside out before hanging, and avoid direct sunlight, hang in shaded area.
- Read labels. Do not dry pullovers and shirts if the care label says “dry flat” on the clothesline.
- Clothesline drying saves money and is energy efficient. You can save up to $80 per year.
Modern sports industry offers nowadays a wide range of plastic sports drinking bottles for runners and cyclists. Sports caps prevent spills and splashes. Such sports drinking bottles are easy in use, but they are very difficult to clean, especially the sports cap.
To wash a sports drinking bottle, fill the bottle with some baking soda and hot water solution. One teaspoon of baking soda for a glass of water is enough. Put a sports cap in open mode, and place the cap into solution. Shake the sports cap and leave it for 30-45 minutes. Rinse thoroughly. Dry the bottle upright.
When a bottle of shampoo runs out, don’t throw it away. Put an empty shampoo bottle in the washing machine. Like a softener, the rest of shampoo makes the clothes soft and has a nice scent.
Read more: How to seal plastic bags with a bottle cap
There are many different types of ants that can enter your home. Here are some tips how to get rid of “annoying neighbors”.
- Ants do not like cinnamon, lavender, dried peppermint and clove, just sprinkle these spices where the ants are and around their entrance.
- Use natural essential oils of lavender, clove and citrus. Use the oils to set a barrier or mix a few drops of essential oil with water, then pour the mix into a spray bottle. Spray the ants path.
- Talcum powder, baby powder or baking soda are a natural ant repellent. Sprinkling some will keep ants away.
Remember! The best method of dealing with ants is cleaning. Don’t leave any food and wash the dishes or place them into the dishwasher. Never leave crumbs.
Ants are an important component of an our ecosystem. Get rid of ants only inside the house, but not around it.
Brush your hair with a natural boar bristle brush. Natural boar bristle brush stimulates the scalp, increasing the blood flow. It facilitates hair growth, spreads the natural oils of the scalp producing natural hair glossing, that is not possible to reach with a nylon brush. One excellent feature of a boar bristle brush is the massaging effect, which can be very relaxing. While brushing the natural oils of the hair are evenly distributed.
Wash your natural boar bristle brush once a week with water and liquid soap. Remove hair after every use. Comb your hair only when it is dry. When wet, the hair is easy to damage.
As you brush with a gentle goat hair brush for babies, the scalp of your kid is massaged from the first days. Massage improves blood circulation, stimulates baby’s hair growth. With this brush you can gently treat your baby’s Cradle Cap crust.
Related articles: Cleaning hair comb and brush