Children at the age of 3 and older usually have a great creative interest. For children in this age creativity and learning with an adult are very important. Crafts cover a broad range of skills and interests. Crafts help to promote motor skills, endurance, creativity and communication skills.
Crushed Eggs Shell Craft “Snowman” develops fine motor skills, and the following discussion develops the child’s speech. Before making a snowman you can talk with a child.
“What can you put on his head? – A bucket, a hat, a scarf, a basket.”
“How can we keep our hands warm in winter? – We need to wear mittens.”
Supplies for Crushed Eggs Shell Craft:
- Crushed Eggs Shell
- Modelling clay
- Cut form of a snowman
Let’s start with modelling. Make mittens and a bucket and draw an image with your pencil. Stick the mittens and the bucket on the right place and spread the rest of the form with glue.
Sprinkle the egg shells over the glue and put the extra shells away.
After you can work on your child’s speech development.
As a dialogue.
“What is the snowman’s name? – His name is Frosty.”
“How many mittens or buttons has your snowman got? – Let’s count, one, two…”
“What color are the mittens? – Orange, red, blue.”
As a describing story.
“My snowman’s name is Frosty. He is wearing an orange bucket and orange mittens. He has got an orange carrot as a nose and four orange buttons. The snowman is very kind and cheerful, he can tell a lot of stories about winter and and he likes to go skiing a lot.”
Works by Anastasia Zhukova
Always get enough sleep, so that the body and the brain can rest appropriately. An average person must sleep eight hours per day. Schoolchildren must sleep every night for ten hours. A good night’s sleep is essential for child’s growth and development.
The lack of sleep reduces the capability of your immune system and could increase the risk of infection and illness. If your child usually sleeps well, he’s more happy and ready for the next school day.
Here are some simple tips to get the best sleeping conditions.
- Daily routine: Create a habit of going to bed at the same time each day, even on weekends. Establish a bedtime routine or a bedtime ritual. Your child will be more relaxed if he knows, what is going on. You can read and tell a bedtime story, have a chat or sing a song.
- Room temperature: The recommended room temperature should be between 60 and 65 degrees at night and a little bit higher during the day. Ventilate the room before going to bed.
- Silence: Try to reduce all possible sources of noise.
- Darkness: Light suppresses the production of sleeping hormone that plays an important role in the sleep cycle.
Stretching after sleep helps our body to wake up faster. After a long, restful sleep our muscles are stiff from lying in the same position for an extended amount of time. Stretching after sleep helps relieve the stiffness and tension and improves blood circulation.
Stretching is physiologically beneficial and helps us to feel more positive mentally.
After stretching it is important to breathe the fresh air for 2-3 minutes.
Oil clears throat from bacteria
Natural sheepskin rugs or Lambskin rugs are not only a stylish accessory for interior, but it is also a very useful thing for sleeping, playing and traveling all the year round.
Natural sheepskin rugs are perfect for babies. They keep babies warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Sheepskins are extremely breathable. The air flows through and around wool, so the baby, sleeping on the sheepskin, feels himself comfortable. Natural wool provides natural air circulation, which protects the baby’s skin from sweating and drying out.
Attention! Sleeping a newborn on a natural sheepskin rug is recommended on the back only.
The sheepskins have a natural self-cleaning capacity. Do not wash them often. Hang out a sheepskin in the fresh air to clean naturally and brush it regularly.
Cut off the thread end with sharp scissors and moisten the end of it with mouth or spray it with hair spray, so that the threading a needle will be easier.
You can remove scratches on wooden furniture and floors by yourself.
- Minor scratches on wooden furniture can be removed easily with a walnut. Crack a fresh walnut. Rub the walnut kernel with some pressure on the scratched spot. Then polish scratches with a cloth. You can also use a Brazil nut, a Walnut, a Pecan nut.
- Mix the lemon juice and olive oil and apply on the scratch. Then rub with a soft cloth the scratched area.
- Rub the scratch with candle wax over the scratched surface, then polish with some pressure with a cloth.
In order to avoid scratches on the wood or laminate floor from your chair, cut a piece of felt or purchase felt glides and glue them under each chair leg.
If your scissors are not sharp enough to cut through, you can sharpen them by yourself. First, clean the blades with a dry soft cloth. Then take the fine grit sandpaper or aluminum foil.
- You can sharpen a dull side of the scissor blade, if you cut through the fine grit sandpaper several times with them. Repeat if necessary. Then clean the blades with a soft cloth again.
- Cut through the aluminum foil several times. The aluminum foil sharpens the blades.