To remove odors from plastic storage containers or Tupperware containers put some salt, baking soda or ground coffee inside the containers and close the lid tightly. You can store them with soda inside. Before using, rinse properly. Baking soda, salt and ground coffee absorb bad odors well.
Before storage wash the containers wash well with soapy water and rinse thoroughly.
Wooden kitchen utensils pick up stains from the various dishes. When your wooden kitchen utensils start to change their color, put them in the glass of carbonated mineral water and let them soak for 15-20 minutes. Carbon dioxide gas removes the discoloration. After that, wipe with a soft cloth or micro fiber cloth and air dry. Rub the wooden kitchen utensils with some lemon peels, then rinse. Lemon acid has antibacterial properties and removes the odors and discoloration as well.
How to care for your kitchen knife
Caring for Non-stick or Teflon coating
Here are some tips to prevent tools from rusting:
- It is known that charcoal absorbs moisture. One piece of coal is enough to prevent rust in the toolbox. Place a piece of charcoal in a sock to keep the tool clean and put it into the toolbox.
- Mothballs or Silica gel from shoebox also absorb moisture and prevent metal from rusting.
- Use motor oil and wipe the tools down before keeping them.
To avoid mess in the kitchen while tenderizing meat manually by using a meat mallet, cover meat with a plastic wrap, so that meat juice doesn’t splash. Then pound both sides of the meat evenly with the mallet. The plastic bag will allow you to pound the meat without making a mess in the kitchen.
Crystallization of honey is a natural process, where liquid honey becomes solid. It proves the quality of the product. This process does not affect the taste and quality of nutrients. If honey in the jar happens to crystallize, place the jar for about half an hour in warm water. It will make the honey liquify again. It is not recommended to heat the honey over 37 Degrees C (98.6 F) or warm up honey in the microwave. Heating causes loss of components and it forms harmful substances. Overheated honey gets the taste of caramel. If you drink tea with honey, avoid adding it in hot boiling water.
Store honey in a glass container or jar with a tight cap in cool dark place. Keep honey away from direct sunlight as it could affect its properties.
To clean an oil painting use a soft, clean cloth or cotton swabs and beaten egg whites. Apply gently. Egg whites removes dust and dirt, doesn’t spoil the paints and gives a fresh look to the painting.
Garlic juice is also used for cleaning oil paintings. Garlic juice cleans the surface of paintings and destroys the microorganisms that cause aging of paints. After cleaning wipe with a soft dry cloth.
Warped household items made of wood, for example, cutting boards, trays are easy to straighten.
- Place your warped cutting board between two clean wet towels, so that it covers the entire cutting board.
- Then, lay them on a flat surface under pressure for 12 hours.
This method lets the cutting board to unwarp by itself and won’t cause the board to crack while it dries.
More articles: How to prevent deformation of a wooden cutting board
How to protect the wood of cutting board
To prevent deformation of a wooden cutting board, wash it with a soapy sponge, rinse and dry immediately with a dishcloth after each use. Never leave a cutting board wet. Never dry a cutting board near the stove and never put anything hot on your cutting board. Oil your cutting board with pure food-grade oil. It will keep the cutting board from absorbing water and prevents warping again.
See more: How to protect the wood of cutting board
Not all healthy food is tooth-friendly. Eat tooth-friendly food. Fiber-rich foods, such as vegetables and whole grain bread, clean teeth. Solid foods such as carrots strengthen jaw muscles and massage your gums. Dairy products provide calcium, which strengthens the enamel and green tea provides fluoride, which hardens the enamel. Tooth-friendly drinks are water, milk, and green tea.
Sugar-free dental gum has a certain cleansing effect. Gum chewing stimulates saliva production and and reduce harmful plaque acids. Dental chewing gums neutralize plaque acids in mouth and help to promote re-mineralization of tooth enamel. Xylitol chewing gums reduce the risk of tooth decay up to 40%.
Green tea prevents caries
How to get rid of bad odors in the refrigerator?
- First, you should turn off the a refrigerator and wash it with water and baking soda and dry it with a cloth. Use a microfiber cloth, it picks up and holds the dirt, and absorb liquid.
- To get rid of bad smell in the refrigerator put a piece of bread in it. The bread absorbs the smell. Change it every week.
- Cat litter absorbs odors. Sprinkle cat litter in a bowl and place it into the refrigerator.
- Ground coffee will fill your fridge with pleasant odor and will absorb the bad smell. For this purpose use coffee pods, also called coffee pads, the packages of ground coffee, similar to a teabag. Put a coffee pod into a refrigerator and change the pod weekly.