If a bath towel got crispy and rough after washing, you need to soften it. In order to soften a bath towel, soak it in hot water with some salt after washing. Then rinse.
You can do several things to keep your bath towels soft and fluffy. Apply these tips.
- Wash bath towels in very hot water using baking soda, vinegar or borax within or instead of detergent. It will soften the bath towels naturally and remove any leftover detergent.
- While washing bath towels in the washing machine don’t use fabric softeners. The fibers of the material get clogged with the softener.
- Use extra rinse cycle in the washing machine to get rid of any leftover detergent.
- Don’t dry towels in the direct sunlight. The towels can get crispy.
- While being dried on a clothesline, the towels can also get stiff. To reduce this shake the towels out before and after you hang them up.
You can wash faux fur by hand delicately with mild soap and cold or lukewarm water.
Hang your item on a plastic hanger. Agitate the water to create soapsuds and brush carefully the garment with brush covered with soapsuds in one direction. Then dry with a soft towel.
Allow garments to air dry if they get wet and store away from direct sunlight. Brush and smooth the faux fur if needed.
- The easiest way to remove tree sap from clothes is freezing the item in the fridge. Let it stay for 1,5 hour. When the tree sap is good and hard, scrape the tree sap and wash as usual.
- Rubbing alcohol or surgical spirits works very well at removing tree sap from clothes. Wipe the stain with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol and wash the item in soapy water.
- Use butter to remove tree sap stains from clothes. Rub butter into the stain and let it sit for 2-3 hours. Then throw the clothes in a regular wash.
- Olive oil works great at getting pine sap off of skin. Apply a small amount of olive oil and rub it into the stain and then wash your hands with soap.
Coffee grounds scrub away the motor oil from hands
To wash the motor oil off from your hands thoroughly, apply some liquid soap, using very little water. Add a pinch of sawdust or sand and rub. Then rinse with warm water.
Wash your hands as usual and add a tablespoon of coffee grounds. Rub your hands with coffee grounds together, then rinse. Coffee grounds scrub away the motor oil from hands and take away bad odors.
If you wish to disinfect sinks and faucets, toilets, garbage pails in your house, make a universal non-toxic cleaner on natural basis.
Lavender Antibacterial Spray
1 cup water
10 ml of alcohol or vodka
1 teaspoon lavender essential oil
Soak the item in milk for 30 minutes and then rinse it with warm soapy water. Apply lemon juice on the stain and let it sit out in the sun until it dried. Then wash as usual.
The following tips are for stubborn mildew stains on fabric. Make the mixture of 1 teaspoon of ammonia and 1 teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide for 1 glass of water. Cover stubborn mildew stains on fabric with this mixture and let it sit out for 10 minutes. Afterwards wash the item with hot water.