Children at any age usually have a great creative interest. For children in kindergarten age creativity and learning with an adult are very important.
Crafts help promote motor skills, endurance, creativity, imagination and cover a broad range of skills and interests. Manipulating with small objects, such as stones, seeds, beads or buttons, holding and picking them up, and planning out the further action, helps to encourage the development of fine motor skills.
Waste material is a wonderful stuff for many kinds of craft projects for children. Kids have fun decorating their photo frames with large and colorful materials such as buttons or beads.
Let us see how to make a beautiful photo frame from waste material.
Such a photo frame can be made by kids at any age.
Let your child color the basic with paints or crayons. When the paint has dried, your child can decorate his photo frame as he pleases. Glue on some stones, seeds, beads, buttons or shells.
While walking with your child, pick up stones, shells or seeds for using them later.
Sculpting with Kids: Homemade play dough
Fresh stains can be removed more easily than old ones. Treat stains as soon as possible. Most stains are removed by dissolving them with a solvent. Here are some tips how to remove stains using natural cleaners.
- For fresh grass stains rub your clothes with a piece of soap, then soak it in a solution of warm water and soap. Let it stay for 15 minutes, then wash and rinse as usual.
- You can get rid of fresh grass stains using vodka. Apply vodka with a sponge, rubbing the stain from the center of the stain towards its edge. Then launder in your regular wash. Fresh stains will disappear.
- For stubborn grass stains rub your clothes with ammonia or salt. Soak the item in warm soapy water with a small amount of ammonia, 10 drops per gallon of water, and wash.
- Take 6 tablespoons of salt per glass of hot water, apply the solution on the stain and soak for 15 minutes. Then wash and rinse as usual.
- For white clothing make the mixture of 1 teaspoon of ammonia and 1 teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide for 1 glass of water. Cover a stubborn grass stain on fabric with this mixture and let it sit out for 10 minutes. Afterwards wash the item with hot water.
- For white cotton clothing apply the lemon juice onto the stain and hang to sunshine for 30 minutes. The UV rays help the citric acid in the lemon juice to enhance the stain removal.
To get rid of mold in a bread box, clean the bread box with vinegar water solution to kill mold spores. Wipe the breadbox with vinegar and remove the residue with a dry cloth. Then leave to dry. If possible, dry the breadbox in direct sunlight. Vinegar and direct sunlight destroy spores of mold in a bread box.
To prevent mold, wipe breadbox this way every two weeks.
Natural Cleaners: Lavender antibacterial spray
Sometimes the zucchini has a slight bitter taste. To remove the bitterness from zucchini, peel the skin off. Slice zucchini into pieces and soak them in warm salted water for 30 minutes or leave overnight, then drain. The salt draws some bitterness out. Cooking zucchini in water also removes some bitterness.
Always taste zucchini before cooking because one bitter zucchini is enough to spoil the whole dish.
You can make a natural insect repellent by yourself. It is safe and repeals mosquitoes, flies, ticks and fleas very well. You will need essential oil of clove, eucalyptus, rosemary, citronella, cedar, catnip, lavender, mint or tea tree oil.
To make a natural insect homemade repellent you need:
6 tablespoons of a plant oil, baby cosmetic oil or alcohol
5-10 drops of any essential oil
- Mix 5-10 drops of essential oil with 6 tablespoons of any vegetable or baby cosmetic oil. Rub the natural insect repellent onto skin. If you use alcohol as a carrier you can spray the solution. Such natural insect repellent may be stored in a closed bottle in the fridge for two months.
- Add 10 drops of essential oil on a wet cloth and wipe the window frames and doors. The smell of essential oil repeals insects.
- While you’re jogging through the park or walking, place cotton balls soaked in essential cloves, lavender, rosemary, or citronella oil a pocket or a pram.
The drink is supposed to be served ice-cold or you need cold and refreshing drinks to enjoy during the hot summer days. Here are some tips how to chill your favorite drink very fast.
- To chill a beverage fast, wrap the bottle with a wet paper towel and put it in the freezer. In about 10 minutes the drink is refreshing and cold.
- Fill a bowl with cold water and put ice cubes in it. Add 2 tablespoons of salt. Mix the ingredients and place the bottle in this ice water solution. Salt affects the cooling process. In 10 minutes you can enjoy your cold beverages.
Fruity ice cubes for beverages
Shower caps are perfect to cover the bowl of delicious salad you made for the party. Due to elastic band you can cover with a shower cap salad or fruit bowls, plates or pots up to 20 cm in diameter.
Fresh stains wash immediately with warm water and soap. Acrylic paints are water based, so wash your clothes as soon as possible.
Kids were doing crafts at school and got acrylic paints on their clothes. To remove the unwanted stains that have been already dried up, use a paper towel completely soaked with nail polish remover. Acrylic paints tend to form a film after drying that can be easily removed with a nail polish remover or a solvent. Wipe the stain carefully, and then rinse thoroughly with soap and water.
A lipstick has been broken off at the base. No problem! Repair your broken lipstick by yourself!
Swivel the base of the lipstick and stand it upright. Take a match, a candle or a lighter and melt the area that is broken. Attach carefully the broken part to the base of the lipstick and hold it together for a few seconds. Put the lipstick in the refrigerator for an hour. After cooling you can use the lipstick as usual.
If your lipstick has melted in the car, but is still in a good form, put it in the refrigerator for half an hour.