Energy-efficient bulbs contain mercury, which can be toxic if you contact with it. If you have broken an energy-saving bulbs, here are some tips how to clean up the broken energy-efficient bulbs safely.
- First, turn off the lamp.
- Small children and pets must leave the room immediately.
- Close all doors, open the windows, and then leave the room for at least 15 minutes to ventilate it. If you have any air system or air-conditioner, shut them off immediately.
- Put on disposable household gloves and collect all parts of the lamp after ventilation. Remove the rest with the help of damp kitchen towel and stiff paper.
- Put everything that contacted with the broken lamp inclusive disposable household gloves and a kitchen towel into the glass container with a lid. Screw the lid tightly.
- Throw the glass container into a trash container for toxic leftovers.
- Never use a vacuum cleaner to clean up the lamp leftovers!