Fruit flies love moisture, are especially attracted to ripened and rotting fruits and food leftovers.
- Make a trap. Sugar water helps to get rid of fruit flies. Take a bowl with hot water, pour some sugar in it, then put two tablespoons of white vinegar or apple vinegar and mix everything. Vinegar’s fragrance attracts fruit flies. The fruit flies fly in and drown.
- Bag up all rotting fruits and vegetables and take the bag outside to the trash.
- Always cover sweet fruit bowl or store fruit in the plastic fruit bowl with a net.
- Don’t leave crumbs around the table.
- Remove any leftover and clean your dishes after each meal.
- Don’t over water plants. Remove dead leaves and other decaying stuff from the top of the soil.