Ginger with lemon and honey helps at the first signs of an oncoming cold. It is excellent for soothing a sore throat and cough. Ginger is considered to be one of the best healing plants that relieve cold symptoms. Lemon is an excellent source of vitamin C, which strengthens the immune system and protects you from the flu and colds.
To prepare ginger with lemon and honey jar, you need:
1. 1-2 fresh ginger roots (3-4 cm).
2. 1 lemon
3. Honey 50-100 gr.
1. Clean and peel ginger roots. Then slice them into small pieces, coin size pieces or rub on a grater.
2. Wash and cut a lemon into small cubes.
3. Mix the ingredients and put them into a jar. Pour honey over it slowly and let the honey sink down. Fill the jar to the top with honey and close. Store it in the refrigerator.
Add 1-2 teaspoons to hot drinks, tea, or milk.
How to use toothpaste in the household. Here are some tips how to do that.
- To prevent glasses from going cloudy in the dishwasher, use white toothpaste after rinsing to clean glassware. Scrub the toothpaste all over the glass and carefully polish the surface with a dry cloth. Then rinse with water and vinegar solution.
- You can clean silver jewellery with a toothpaste. Take a soft cloth and apply a small amount of the toothpaste to the cloth. Then rub the silver jewellery very carefully.
- To clean and whiten piano keys, squeeze a small amount of a white colored toothpaste onto a damp cloth and rub gently.
- To remove stains from tea and fruits on bright clothes use a toothpaste with whitening effect. Apply a small amount of toothpaste on the stain, rub with fingers, then wash as usual.
- Toothpaste keeps goggles from fogging up.
- You can clean out the sink in the bathroom with your toothpaste. Squeeze some toothpaste in the sink and scrub it with a sponge. Then rinse out the sink.
- Tea stains in baby bottles and mugs can be easily removed with a toothpaste. Put some toothpaste on the brush and scrub the bottles. Toothpaste removes the odors, too.
- Toothpaste can also be used to clean out stains from leather items, gloves, bags. Use a microfiber cloth dampened with a solution of water and some toothpaste. Then rub well and wipe off with a clean cloth.
You can easily remove old stains from clothes with the help of lemon juice. Lemon juice is especially good for light fabrics. Apply some lemon juice on the stain and hang out your clothes to the direct sunlight. Direct sunlight boosts bleaching action.The UV rays help the citric acid in the lemon juice to enhance the stain removal. Then wash the clothes as usual.
Let’s make an experiment. Take an item with an old stain.
Apply some lemon juice on the stain. We used concentrated lemon juice for baking. Rub the stain softly with a brush or an old toothbrush.
Hang out your clothes on the direct sunlight for 20-25 minutes. Be sure that the sunlight hits the stain directly.
Then wash as usual and dry.
How to remove grass stains from clothes
How to remove mildew stains from clothes
How to remove calcium build-ups
You can easily remove calcium build-ups in the shower and tub with the help of – See more at: http://www.daily-advice.com/en/tips/?s=lemon+juice&submit=Search#sthash.WNi3FXCB.dpuf
You can make a natural insect repellent by yourself. It is safe and repeals mosquitoes, flies, ticks and fleas very well. You will need essential oil of clove, eucalyptus, rosemary, citronella, cedar, catnip, lavender, mint or tea tree oil.
To make a natural insect homemade repellent you need:
6 tablespoons of a plant oil, baby cosmetic oil or alcohol
5-10 drops of any essential oil
- Mix 5-10 drops of essential oil with 6 tablespoons of any vegetable or baby cosmetic oil. Rub the natural insect repellent onto skin. If you use alcohol as a carrier you can spray the solution. Such natural insect repellent may be stored in a closed bottle in the fridge for two months.
- Add 10 drops of essential oil on a wet cloth and wipe the window frames and doors. The smell of essential oil repeals insects.
- While you’re jogging through the park or walking, place cotton balls soaked in essential cloves, lavender, rosemary, or citronella oil a pocket or a pram.
If you wish to disinfect sinks and faucets, toilets, garbage pails in your house, make a universal non-toxic cleaner on natural basis.
Lavender Antibacterial Spray
1 cup water
10 ml of alcohol or vodka
1 teaspoon lavender essential oil
Vacuum the entire carpet twice in different directions. Stains on carpets can be cleaned with a solution of water, ammonia and baking soda. Take a liter of water and 3 tablespoons of ammonia and mix the ingredients. Sprinkle baking soda on the carpet. Take your carpet brush, soak it in the solution and sweep out the baking soda in the same direction. Once the carpet is completely dry, vacuum the rest of baking soda once again.
Using natural cleaners is the safest way to clean baby rugs. Chemicals may stay on the carpet after cleaning and can cause the irritation of baby skin. Baking soda is a natural remedy and it is absolutely NON-toxic. Baking soda does not cause allergic reactions.
Juice and fruit stains on the carpet can be easily removed with hot soapy water.
Tea stains can be removed with vinegar. Mix one part vinegar with two parts water and apply to the stain. Use an old toothbrush for removing small stains.
Fine salt is an effective cleaning agent for grease stains. Pour some salt on the stain, let it set for a few minutes and then rub it with a wet cloth. Remove the rest with a vacuum cleaner.
Perfect Carpets for Babies: Natural sheepskin rugs
There is a good way to get gum out of child’s hair without cutting it. Put the part of your hair where the gum is fixed in coke and wait for a few minutes. If the hair is short, rub a generous amount of coke into the gum and hair and let it sit. Then comb gently and rinse with water.
Another method to get rid of gum is using peanut butter. Peanut butter works really well for getting rid of gum stuck in hair. Coat the gum with peanut butter in the hair and wait for 10 minutes. Comb gently and wash the rest out with soap and water.
No peanut butter or Coca-cola on hand, use nail polish remover. Apply a generous amount of nail polish remover on the gum. Let the nail polish remover sit on the hair for 10 minutes.Then use a comb to remove the gum. Rinse thoroughly.
Children should go barefoot as much as possible. This exercise strengthens and trains the muscles of the feet.
Many American children suffer from various forms of flatfoot. Walking barefoot prevents flatfoot.
Foot sole has a large number of receptors, which stimulate the related organs. Walking barefoot improves the work of many internal organs and strengthens immunity.
Going shoeless helps to relax not only the feet, but the whole body. It is very pleasant to feel the fresh and cool grass or warm sand under your feet. Walking barefoot is a great way to feel young, healthy and relaxed.
Try to go barefoot on any occasion!
How to get rid of foot odors
Children at the age of 3 and older usually have a great creative interest. For children in this age creativity and learning with an adult are very important. Crafts cover a broad range of skills and interests. Crafts help to promote motor skills, endurance, creativity and communication skills.
Crushed Eggs Shell Craft “Snowman” develops fine motor skills, and the following discussion develops the child’s speech. Before making a snowman you can talk with a child.
“What can you put on his head? – A bucket, a hat, a scarf, a basket.”
“How can we keep our hands warm in winter? – We need to wear mittens.”
Supplies for Crushed Eggs Shell Craft:
- Crushed Eggs Shell
- Modelling clay
- Cut form of a snowman
Let’s start with modelling. Make mittens and a bucket and draw an image with your pencil. Stick the mittens and the bucket on the right place and spread the rest of the form with glue.
Sprinkle the egg shells over the glue and put the extra shells away.
After you can work on your child’s speech development.
As a dialogue.
“What is the snowman’s name? – His name is Frosty.”
“How many mittens or buttons has your snowman got? – Let’s count, one, two…”
“What color are the mittens? – Orange, red, blue.”
As a describing story.
“My snowman’s name is Frosty. He is wearing an orange bucket and orange mittens. He has got an orange carrot as a nose and four orange buttons. The snowman is very kind and cheerful, he can tell a lot of stories about winter and and he likes to go skiing a lot.”
Works by Anastasia Zhukova
Always get enough sleep, so that the body and the brain can rest appropriately. An average person must sleep eight hours per day. Schoolchildren must sleep every night for ten hours. A good night’s sleep is essential for child’s growth and development.
The lack of sleep reduces the capability of your immune system and could increase the risk of infection and illness. If your child usually sleeps well, he’s more happy and ready for the next school day.
Here are some simple tips to get the best sleeping conditions.
- Daily routine: Create a habit of going to bed at the same time each day, even on weekends. Establish a bedtime routine or a bedtime ritual. Your child will be more relaxed if he knows, what is going on. You can read and tell a bedtime story, have a chat or sing a song.
- Room temperature: The recommended room temperature should be between 60 and 65 degrees at night and a little bit higher during the day. Ventilate the room before going to bed.
- Silence: Try to reduce all possible sources of noise.
- Darkness: Light suppresses the production of sleeping hormone that plays an important role in the sleep cycle.