When you are traveling, you may not usually have an opportunity to get an iron. This advice helps to get rid of wrinkles from clothes without using an iron.
- To remove wrinkles from clothes you need to mix three ingredients in equal proportions: vinegar, water and fabric softener. Pour the mixture into a spray bottle and mix thoroughly. Spray the mixture over the entire surface of the clothes. Wait for some time till the fabric dries out and releases the wrinkles.
- While washing in the washing machine, always choose the mode “easy iron” for delicate fabrics. The mode “easy iron” reduces crease formation.
- Always shake out clothing before hanging or straighten them with hands to reduce wrinkles.
How to wash your jeans
Energy-efficient bulbs contain mercury, which can be toxic if you contact with it. If you have broken an energy-saving bulbs, here are some tips how to clean up the broken energy-efficient bulbs safely.
- First, turn off the lamp.
- Small children and pets must leave the room immediately.
- Close all doors, open the windows, and then leave the room for at least 15 minutes to ventilate it. If you have any air system or air-conditioner, shut them off immediately.
- Put on disposable household gloves and collect all parts of the lamp after ventilation. Remove the rest with the help of damp kitchen towel and stiff paper.
- Put everything that contacted with the broken lamp inclusive disposable household gloves and a kitchen towel into the glass container with a lid. Screw the lid tightly.
- Throw the glass container into a trash container for toxic leftovers.
- Never use a vacuum cleaner to clean up the lamp leftovers!
You can easily remove old stains from clothes with the help of lemon juice. Lemon juice is especially good for light fabrics. Apply some lemon juice on the stain and hang out your clothes to the direct sunlight. Direct sunlight boosts bleaching action.The UV rays help the citric acid in the lemon juice to enhance the stain removal. Then wash the clothes as usual.
Let’s make an experiment. Take an item with an old stain.
Apply some lemon juice on the stain. We used concentrated lemon juice for baking. Rub the stain softly with a brush or an old toothbrush.
Hang out your clothes on the direct sunlight for 20-25 minutes. Be sure that the sunlight hits the stain directly.
Then wash as usual and dry.
How to remove grass stains from clothes
How to remove mildew stains from clothes
How to remove calcium build-ups
You can easily remove calcium build-ups in the shower and tub with the help of – See more at: http://www.daily-advice.com/en/tips/?s=lemon+juice&submit=Search#sthash.WNi3FXCB.dpuf
Glasses washed usually in a dishwasher can develop a dull white film on the surface over time. This can happen due to hard water or high temperatures while rinsing.
- To prevent glasses from going cloudy in the dishwasher, use white toothpaste after rinsing to clean glassware. Scrub the toothpaste all over the glass and carefully polish the surface with a dry cloth. Then rinse with water and vinegar solution.
- Take a soft candle, beeswax for example, and apply some wax on the glass over the entire surface. Carefully rub the surface of a glass with a dry kitchen towel. Then rinse with warm water.
If you wish to disinfect sinks and faucets, toilets, garbage pails in your house, make a universal non-toxic cleaner on natural basis.
Lavender Antibacterial Spray
1 cup water
10 ml of alcohol or vodka
1 teaspoon lavender essential oil
Vacuum the entire carpet twice in different directions. Stains on carpets can be cleaned with a solution of water, ammonia and baking soda. Take a liter of water and 3 tablespoons of ammonia and mix the ingredients. Sprinkle baking soda on the carpet. Take your carpet brush, soak it in the solution and sweep out the baking soda in the same direction. Once the carpet is completely dry, vacuum the rest of baking soda once again.
Using natural cleaners is the safest way to clean baby rugs. Chemicals may stay on the carpet after cleaning and can cause the irritation of baby skin. Baking soda is a natural remedy and it is absolutely NON-toxic. Baking soda does not cause allergic reactions.
Juice and fruit stains on the carpet can be easily removed with hot soapy water.
Tea stains can be removed with vinegar. Mix one part vinegar with two parts water and apply to the stain. Use an old toothbrush for removing small stains.
Fine salt is an effective cleaning agent for grease stains. Pour some salt on the stain, let it set for a few minutes and then rub it with a wet cloth. Remove the rest with a vacuum cleaner.
Perfect Carpets for Babies: Natural sheepskin rugs
You can easily remove oil stains on the garage floor. Treat the stain as soon as possible. Take floor dressing for birds or kitty litter to cover the oil stain. Let the kitty litter soak for a few days. After it absorbs the oil, sweep up the rest.
These simple tips will help you to get rid of odors if your rubbish bin stinks.
- First, a good cleaning 1-2 times a week will keep your trash cans and rubbish bins from smelling. After cleaning treat the bin with antibacterial soap or spray it with pure vinegar.
- Wrap vegetable peelings, the rest of food and other organic kitchen waste in several sheets of newspaper before throwing them in the trash. Newspaper absorbs odors and keeps the waste from stinking. Before throwing food in the trash you can also put a layer of crumpled newspaper with some baking soda on it or sprinkle some ground coffee inside the bin.
- For something really smelly use extra bags to tie it up and toss.
Get rid of bad odors in the refrigerator
How to get rid of fish smells from frying pans
Wooden kitchen utensils pick up stains from the various dishes. When your wooden kitchen utensils start to change their color, put them in the glass of carbonated mineral water and let them soak for 15-20 minutes. Carbon dioxide gas removes the discoloration. After that, wipe with a soft cloth or micro fiber cloth and air dry. Rub the wooden kitchen utensils with some lemon peels, then rinse. Lemon acid has antibacterial properties and removes the odors and discoloration as well.
How to care for your kitchen knife
Caring for Non-stick or Teflon coating
The kids have drawn on the new wooden table with a felt tip pen. Don’t worry! To get off the drawings or marks from felt tip pens, crayons or markers you need a melamine foam and water.
Rub the area with melamine foam and dry with paper towels. The melamine foam sponge contains formaldehyde-melamine-sodium bisulfite polymer! Never use it with bare hands and always wash surface afterwards.
Interesting posts: Remove scratches on wooden furniture