When you are traveling, you may not usually have an opportunity to get an iron. This advice helps to get rid of wrinkles from clothes without using an iron.
- To remove wrinkles from clothes you need to mix three ingredients in equal proportions: vinegar, water and fabric softener. Pour the mixture into a spray bottle and mix thoroughly. Spray the mixture over the entire surface of the clothes. Wait for some time till the fabric dries out and releases the wrinkles.
- While washing in the washing machine, always choose the mode “easy iron” for delicate fabrics. The mode “easy iron” reduces crease formation.
- Always shake out clothing before hanging or straighten them with hands to reduce wrinkles.
How to wash your jeans
You can easily remove old stains from clothes with the help of lemon juice. Lemon juice is especially good for light fabrics. Apply some lemon juice on the stain and hang out your clothes to the direct sunlight. Direct sunlight boosts bleaching action.The UV rays help the citric acid in the lemon juice to enhance the stain removal. Then wash the clothes as usual.
Let’s make an experiment. Take an item with an old stain.
Apply some lemon juice on the stain. We used concentrated lemon juice for baking. Rub the stain softly with a brush or an old toothbrush.
Hang out your clothes on the direct sunlight for 20-25 minutes. Be sure that the sunlight hits the stain directly.
Then wash as usual and dry.
How to remove grass stains from clothes
How to remove mildew stains from clothes
How to remove calcium build-ups
You can easily remove calcium build-ups in the shower and tub with the help of – See more at: http://www.daily-advice.com/en/tips/?s=lemon+juice&submit=Search#sthash.WNi3FXCB.dpuf
Fresh stains can be removed more easily than old ones. Treat stains as soon as possible. Most stains are removed by dissolving them with a solvent. Here are some tips how to remove stains using natural cleaners.
- For fresh grass stains rub your clothes with a piece of soap, then soak it in a solution of warm water and soap. Let it stay for 15 minutes, then wash and rinse as usual.
- You can get rid of fresh grass stains using vodka. Apply vodka with a sponge, rubbing the stain from the center of the stain towards its edge. Then launder in your regular wash. Fresh stains will disappear.
- For stubborn grass stains rub your clothes with ammonia or salt. Soak the item in warm soapy water with a small amount of ammonia, 10 drops per gallon of water, and wash.
- Take 6 tablespoons of salt per glass of hot water, apply the solution on the stain and soak for 15 minutes. Then wash and rinse as usual.
- For white clothing make the mixture of 1 teaspoon of ammonia and 1 teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide for 1 glass of water. Cover a stubborn grass stain on fabric with this mixture and let it sit out for 10 minutes. Afterwards wash the item with hot water.
- For white cotton clothing apply the lemon juice onto the stain and hang to sunshine for 30 minutes. The UV rays help the citric acid in the lemon juice to enhance the stain removal.
You can wash faux fur by hand delicately with mild soap and cold or lukewarm water.
Hang your item on a plastic hanger. Agitate the water to create soapsuds and brush carefully the garment with brush covered with soapsuds in one direction. Then dry with a soft towel.
Allow garments to air dry if they get wet and store away from direct sunlight. Brush and smooth the faux fur if needed.
After air drying on a sunny or frosty day, laundry gets the sweet fresh smell. Clothing, fabrics and linen are easier to iron when they are dried outside. Otherwise, direct sunlight can fade bright clothing and bleach colored one.
- Turn colored and white laundry inside out before hanging, and avoid direct sunlight, hang in shaded area.
- Read labels. Do not dry pullovers and shirts if the care label says “dry flat” on the clothesline.
- Clothesline drying saves money and is energy efficient. You can save up to $80 per year.
Tea stains on your blouse, shirts or pants should be removed as soon as possible. Wash with lukewarm water. Do not wash clothes with hot water.