If you want to protect plants from winter cold and drying out, use polystyrene shield for the potted plants. Rapidly fluctuating temperatures from cold to hot and back can cause significant injury to roots. Place a piece of polystyrene under the pot. It helps against the cold window sill or overheated surfaces caused by the excessive heating during winter months.
When a plastic bottle with a cap runs out, don’t throw it away.
Here is a tip how to reuse it and to seal a plastic bag with a bottle cap.
First, take a bottle with a cap. Rinse it and let it dry.
Second, cut the top of the bottle carefully.
Push the bag through the bottle neck and fold it over the edges.
Now you can twist the cap back on.
Read more: How to use an empty shampoo bottle
The water in the vase with cut flowers will remain fresh and clean, if you put a piece of charcoal for grilling in it. Charcoal prevents the growth of bacteria and removes unpleasant odors.
Instead of charcoal for grilling, you can use a weak solution of potassium permanganate.
After use, rinse the vase with the solution of warm water and vinegar. Vinegar is the most effective way to kill bacteria, fungal spores and microorganisms.
You can serve a finger bowl filled with warm water and a piece of lemon each time you offer a hands-on meal such as lobster, ribs, corn-on-the-cob, fried chicken, shellfish, asparagus or chicken wings. Dip your fingers into the water, rinse them lightly and then dry with your napkin.
The finger bowl is usually served before the meal or immediately after the plate has been removed.
A properly staged refrigerator in the kitchen will help you to save energy and money. Place the refrigerator or freezer away from direct sunlight and other heat sources such as ovens and heating. Heat causes the fridge to use more energy.
To remove bad odors from carpet sprinkle a little cornstarch or baking soda on your carpet before vacuuming a room. Wait about half an hour and then vacuum normally.
Do not water the plant before transplanting, because dry soil removes easier. Best water the plant the day before transplanting.
1. Remove the plant from the pot gently and free the roots from the substrate.
2. Cut away dead or rotted roots. Put some drainage to the bottom of the pot before repotting.
3. With slight rotating movements, set the plant in its new pot and fill it with substrate.
4. Gently shake the pot so that the substrate may settle. Add a little more soil, if necessary.
Do not water directly after repotting. Wait a few days, then water thoroughly.
These simple tips will help you to get rid of odors if your rubbish bin stinks.
- First, a good cleaning 1-2 times a week will keep your trash cans and rubbish bins from smelling. After cleaning treat the bin with antibacterial soap or spray it with pure vinegar.
- Wrap vegetable peelings, the rest of food and other organic kitchen waste in several sheets of newspaper before throwing them in the trash. Newspaper absorbs odors and keeps the waste from stinking. Before throwing food in the trash you can also put a layer of crumpled newspaper with some baking soda on it or sprinkle some ground coffee inside the bin.
- For something really smelly use extra bags to tie it up and toss.
Get rid of bad odors in the refrigerator
How to get rid of fish smells from frying pans
How to get rid of bad odors in the refrigerator?
- First, you should turn off the a refrigerator and wash it with water and baking soda and dry it with a cloth. Use a microfiber cloth, it picks up and holds the dirt, and absorb liquid.
- To get rid of bad smell in the refrigerator put a piece of bread in it. The bread absorbs the smell. Change it every week.
- Cat litter absorbs odors. Sprinkle cat litter in a bowl and place it into the refrigerator.
- Ground coffee will fill your fridge with pleasant odor and will absorb the bad smell. For this purpose use coffee pods, also called coffee pads, the packages of ground coffee, similar to a teabag. Put a coffee pod into a refrigerator and change the pod weekly.
A new wooden cutting board should be oiled with pure food-grade oil. To protect the wood of cutting board and give it a longer life, apply oil with a soft cloth, in the direction of the grain, allowing the oil to soak in. The board looks better and lasts longer.
Tip: The oil absorbs better if you put a wooden cutting board on the oven and heat it to 50-70 degrees.