Lots of people cannot enjoy the freshness and scent of real flowers. Artificial flowers is a good solution in such case. But, you need to keep artificial flowers dust free and clean them.
The best way to clean artificial flowers is to place them with four or five tablespoons of salt in a plastic bag. Shake the bag gently a few times back and forth and take out the flowers again. The grains of salt remove dust and dirt well.
You can remove scratches on wooden furniture and floors by yourself.
- Minor scratches on wooden furniture can be removed easily with a walnut. Crack a fresh walnut. Rub the walnut kernel with some pressure on the scratched spot. Then polish scratches with a cloth. You can also use a Brazil nut, a Walnut, a Pecan nut.
- Mix the lemon juice and olive oil and apply on the scratch. Then rub with a soft cloth the scratched area.
- Rub the scratch with candle wax over the scratched surface, then polish with some pressure with a cloth.
In order to avoid scratches on the wood or laminate floor from your chair, cut a piece of felt or purchase felt glides and glue them under each chair leg.
Keeping your kitchen knife sharp, will make cooking process easier and safer. Here are some tips how to care for your kitchen knife.
- Kitchen knives should be cleaned and dried right after each use with a soft cloth. Wash with soapy water.
- Do not wash kitchen knives in the dishwasher, otherwise they become dull. The force of the water jets in the dishwasher can damage the surface of the kitchen knife. Aggressive substances and salts contained in the dishwasher detergent can damage the metal part of the knife.
- Wipe the knife from the back of the cutting edge with a cloth.
- Kitchen knife cutting surface is very thin and delicate. When storing it is important that the knife’s blade does not touch other hard objects. Steel a blade if needed.
- Never use glass or granite boards. They damage the cutting edge. Use wooden and plastic boards.
There are many different types of ants that can enter your home. Here are some tips how to get rid of “annoying neighbors”.
- Ants do not like cinnamon, lavender, dried peppermint and clove, just sprinkle these spices where the ants are and around their entrance.
- Use natural essential oils of lavender, clove and citrus. Use the oils to set a barrier or mix a few drops of essential oil with water, then pour the mix into a spray bottle. Spray the ants path.
- Talcum powder, baby powder or baking soda are a natural ant repellent. Sprinkling some will keep ants away.
Remember! The best method of dealing with ants is cleaning. Don’t leave any food and wash the dishes or place them into the dishwasher. Never leave crumbs.
Ants are an important component of an our ecosystem. Get rid of ants only inside the house, but not around it.
Children at the age of 3 and older usually have a great creative interest. For children in this age creativity and learning with an adult are very important. Crafts cover a broad range of skills and interests. Crafts help promote motor skills, endurance, creativity and communication skills. Colorful fall leaves are a wonderful stuff for many kinds of autumn craft projects. In this slideshow you will see how to make a rose from maple leaves.
If you have flies in your house, simply put a few pots of lavender in the room. The smell of lavender keeps flies away.
Moths do not like newsprint. Wash wool and fur clothing, dry it in the sun before packing, and wrap in a newspaper.
Crumple the newspaper and stuff the coat sleeves with it. Newspaper will keep moths away and help to keep the shape of your coat while storing. You can also wrap dried lavender flowers in the newspaper. The natural aromas of lavender repel moths, and will make your closet and clothes smell wonderful.
All things that cannot be washed at high temperatures in a washing machine, for example, down pillows, blankets, stuffed animals can be put in the freezer, where the mites will die. Place a pillow in a plastic bag and put it in the freezer overnight at least for 12 hours.
Roses love banana peels, which contain a lot of potassium. Cut banana peels into small pieces and spread them around the rose bush, cover over with an inch of soil. They will love you for it.
Banana peels are a natural fertilizer and they will increase the size and number of the rose blooms.
Place the peels in the bottom of the hole and cover the peels with an inch of soil for newly planted roses.