If a bath towel got crispy and rough after washing, you need to soften it. In order to soften a bath towel, soak it in hot water with some salt after washing. Then rinse.
You can do several things to keep your bath towels soft and fluffy. Apply these tips.
- Wash bath towels in very hot water using baking soda, vinegar or borax within or instead of detergent. It will soften the bath towels naturally and remove any leftover detergent.
- While washing bath towels in the washing machine don’t use fabric softeners. The fibers of the material get clogged with the softener.
- Use extra rinse cycle in the washing machine to get rid of any leftover detergent.
- Don’t dry towels in the direct sunlight. The towels can get crispy.
- While being dried on a clothesline, the towels can also get stiff. To reduce this shake the towels out before and after you hang them up.